The Taste of Island 2023 is heading to New York City in May of 2023. The festival, organized by Inspired by Iceland will take place May 10-May 13, 2023.
“The four-day cultural festival celebrates the land of fire and ice with more than a dozen events at venues across the city that showcase the best of Icelandic culture, including food and beverage, music, literature, film, art, wellness, and more,” the festival said in a statement.
Taste of Iceland celebrates and shares the traditions and culture of Iceland with the people of North America. In partnership with local businesses and Taste of Iceland’s official partners, featured events will be hosted at Coarse NYC, Bogart House, Pianos, Scandinavia House, The Tippler, Regal Union Square, and The Singing Fish Circus pop-up venue in Brooklyn.
Most events are free and open to the public, but event tickets are required.
Taste of Iceland Festival Schedule
Daily May 10-13
- Icelandic Menu at Coarse NYC.
- Wheel of Prizes Presented by Icelandair.
- Singing Fish Circus Art and Literature Festival.
Thursday, May 11
- Secrets of the Sprakkar with Eliza Reid, First Lady of Iceland.
- Reykjavik Presents: Iceland Airwaves Off Venue.
Friday, May 12
- Icelandic Cocktail Class with Reyka Vodka.
- Singing Fish Circus Art and Literature Festival, Opening Reception and Concert.
- Beautiful Beings Film Screening and Director Q&A.
Saturday, May 13
- Elemental Sound Bath with Blue Lagoon Iceland and Icelandic Provisions Breakfast Bar.
- Icelandic Literature Event.
- Artist Talk: Hildigunnur Birgisdóttir in Conversation with Dan Byers.
Taste of Iceland is presented in partnership, and with support, from Icelandair, Visit Reykjavík, Icelandic Trademark Holding, Business Iceland, Reyka Vodka, Blue Lagoon Iceland, 66°North, Icelandic Provisions, Icelandic Lamb, Icelandic Glacial, Landsvirkjun, and Isavia Keflavik International Airport. Additional Taste of Iceland events will be held in Chicago, IL (September 7-10) and Seattle, WA (October 4-7).
For more information about Inspired by Iceland and Taste of Iceland, visit www.inspiredbyiceland.com.